Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bird (nerd) sighting


I'm so thrilled my bird nerd illustration is in the March edition of the Seattle Audubon's newsletter, Earthcare Northwest. Since I've been laid off, I've had to seriously consider what non-profits and organizations I would continue to monetarily support. This one made the list because it brings me so much joy. I'm sad that I'm not able to continue support others that I've contributed for many years (Habitat for Humanity, Oxfam, Amnesty International, Nature Conservancy, Defenders of Wildlife to name a few), but times are tough. Please support these great organizations if you can!

It's ironic that the non-profit organization I worked for and laid me off, continues to solicit me for donations. It's kind of funny, but not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment