Saturday, August 21, 2010

bye bye birdies...hello frogs

The hawks were driving me crazy- I was at the window from dawn until dusk and then one day they were just gone. Weird. But the last night I saw them, one came down and sat on our car almost as if to say goodbye.



This video is for the ladies at work.
We rescued these african dwarf frogs from a very small container that they shared with a betta. The betta repeatedly punched the frogs in the belly with its nose and the frogs cowered below hardly ever moving. I couldn't stand it any longer and moved the frogs to a larger bowl to finally this tank. We started feeding them bloodworms instead of the fish pellets (that the betta ate anyway) and we can tell they have grown. I adopted them and after a traumatizing drive home- they are adjusting and seem in good spirits.


No comments:

Post a Comment